Sunday, December 2, 2012

I MESSED UP! 12-2-2012

This is a somewhat progressive blog. Feel FREE to begin by clicking to my first post: Boologging Begins
 
Festive holiday times are beginning! I love celebrations, and along that vein, I actually love watching a particular talk show that will remain nameless. Whenever possible, at show time, I stop whatever I am doing to watch just the first 5 to 10 minutes. Why do I so like just beginning of the show? Because the atmosphere is fun and lively! There are funny jokes, with light-hearted segments like "What's Wrong With This Sign's Sign," and the monologue ends with fun music and dancing. The main challenges are to guard myself from the comedian's irony as well as subtle, questionable influences. Otherwise, it satisfies my party fix and is entertaining.

A recent news story shares a country star's need for fun fixes. Here are just a few facts of this unwise star's embarrassing fun, tainting his reputation, captured by the media:

"Country star Jason Aldean has apologized to fans after pictures of him acting 'inappropriately' popped up last week. Aldean tweeted Sunday that he wanted to talk to fans directly instead of letting gossip web sites tell the story. The tweet comes after photos appeared showing Aldean and former American Idol contestant Brittany Kerr together at a bar Wednesday in Los Angeles. In one photo, they appear to kiss. Aldean says, The truth is I screwed up, ...had too much to drink and acted inappropriately... Ultimately I ended up embarrassing myself and my family. Aldean is married with two children..."

It certainly seems like Aldean had one too many drinks! He is embarrassed by his silly actions. His reputation is scarred and his family is embarrassed... because of ...well, you decide... Reputation is everything... and re-reading my entries about childhood makes me feel agonized, because... I SHARED SECRETS!  I MESSED UP!  I WANT TO STOP WRITING!!!

I WANT my Dad's reputation to be pristine and honorable. I loved his intelligent, good, jovial, and sensitive spirit... he worked so hard. Yet, I hated his denying "Evil Twin" tendencies. I believe Dad is with me (in spirit) as I write, and WE absolutely feel compelled to finish this arduous blogging commitment, together. 

Come to think of it, I HAVE changed my mind. I WILL, by George, STOP writing...about chugging trains anyway. I have shared stories about train delays, train rides, train noise.... trains, trains, trains! Enough of them. I am grinding these noisy, clunky gears to a halt... to change directions!

Another thing for which I am grateful: Pictures of Mom. I love, love, love this enchanting shot, displaying one of her fun teenage activities.

My next post will be Wednesday, December 5th. I will gladly share a safe Facebook post that begins the segue, from trains to another form of transportation... Deo Volente.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, sister. You're my main commenter. Hopefully others will visit your blog at:

      elainesperfectstorm.blogspot.com

      Delete