Friday, December 14, 2012

7 days & counting til 12-21-12

7 days & counting

        i am ever grateful for the free-will to change my mind. blog spot is accommodating like that; it lets me publish a post, and i can update that post throughout the day and forever. today's comic was in yesterday's post; i changed my mind and, voila, it resurfaces today.

      hostess twinkies have been around forever, but are now on the RIP list. i remember as a child, with allowance money burning a hole in my pocket, riding my bike to the neighborhood grocery store and buying two cellophane twinkie packages with two goodies in a package. rather than riding home to five mooching siblings, i sat on the bench in front of the store gulping down one, and then another, until four of those sugary sponges were inhaled in one sitting! i was sick to my stomach and never ate them again.
      
      a new freedom for which this blogger is investigating: my sister's minimalist approach to capital letters. it is freeing, yet challenging because i forget and have to un-capitalize words i capitalized; and spell-check yells at me with words highlighted that i chose to not capitalize. this is either a good brain exercise for this former assistant editor or the beginning of a bad habit. hopefully it isn't disturbing any oc-readers, and it is only until the world ends...

2 comments: