Wednesday, March 13, 2013

THE BIBLE: Real TV



      I admit that when I first heard there would be yet another Bible movie, I was hesitant. Thoughts of The Ten Commandments with starchy, clean, resonant Moses kept me from anticipating the March 3rd event, and there would be no surprise stories (Adam and Eve, Noah's Arc, Abraham and Isaac, Moses parting the Red Sea, Saul and David's rivalry, yada, yada)... I have read and watched all of the stories, but how would this movie portray the events? I felt compelled to at least give it a try.

      After viewing the first two episodes of the epic, five-part mini-series, I am pleased to say, "This ain't your parents' Ten Commandments! It is real TV." I feel ecstatic to repeat Life cereal's nostalgic phrase from years ago: "sHE likes it... sHE likes it!"  How could one not love maniacal Moses and Sodom's Ninja angel?


Sodom's bloody Ninja angel
      I will soon share why I feel The Bible is Real TV, and what I appreciate about their portrayal of Moses as well as aspects I did not prefer in their portrayal of dutiful David. Those thoughts will best be saved for another blogging installment.

     This Sunday 3/17 at 7:00 p.m., Part 3 (of 5) will air on The History Channel and will repeat Monday evening on The Lifetime Channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment