Monday, March 25, 2013

THE BIBLE: Call Me! Maybe?!?


     As Good Friday and Easter approach, I become a bit sober and serious. I reflect on the importance of this week and on the Old Testament characters I have highlighted in the last few blogs, THE BIBLE. God's particular call on each one was daunting.

     How could Moses have envisioned his people's regular complaining and whiny regrets: "It would be better if we had remained slaves under Pharaoh..." and how could youthful David have predicted King Saul's life-threatening, relentless, jealous-filled rages; and Daniel his Babylonian bondage, obeying a Godless ruler with frightful events?

     I attempt to put myself into the "hero's" (or "heroine's") shoes... hearing God's voice and direction. He (or she) confronts day-to-day living, and sometimes he (or she) falters, waivers, or ponders. This autrovert muses on today's puzzler: How does one face VISIBLE, glaring realities... (complainers, deserts, kings with spears and hungry lions ... department restructurings, financial hits, politics, consolidations)... realities that create uncertainty and overshadow a call given in the INVISIBLE 5th Dimension realm, and remain steadfast?

     THE BIBLE helps me to see REAL people, with REAL emotions and living, before, during, and after their "Call me"! I wonder if their self-talk during fiery times and life-threats vacillated to uncertain "Maybe?!?" Mine seems to, and I identify with the struggles (and joys) of REAL men and women.

     THE BIBLE's concluding episode will air at 7:00 p.m. Easter Sunday on The History Channel. The entire 5-part series marathon will begin at 11:00 a.m. that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment