Thursday, March 14, 2013

THE BIBLE: A "Real" Maniacal Moses??

 
     Experiencing THE BIBLE's fatherly Abraham, downtrodden Sarah, and hen-pecked Lot... I see a deeper-than-3-D aspect of these characters, and Moses is no exception. In other words, this is not my Mother's flowing-robed, coiffed Moses.

      As I write this blog, with fingers fluttering across the keyboard and mind dancing to Red Sea parting music, I realize that THE BIBLE has opened my eyes. Moses is now introduced to me in a new, tangible way. I already knew he wasn't a mere one-dimensional felt figure on a board. I felt chagrined by a boring, clean, almost untouchable two-dimensional character in a starched robe. His... essence... is now crystallized in my mind, and I will attempt to briefly clarify that essence.

      Moses' unkempt hair, gravely "follow me," and mischievous, faraway stare have helped me to see the unvarnished, softer side of him... Specifically, I honed in on a crazed side of his character. After all, the unique 4-part formula of: Moses' palatially-educated upbringing + Pharaoh-groomed "brotherly" rivalry + desert years + burning bush experience couldn't help but = a raw, muddy, desperately fearless and complex man with anything but a spurious side. He is REAL, and I think I finally get him. He is a believable, seemingly demented, Ph-is-raelite (Pharaoh-groomed Israelite) on a humongous, thank-less, and compelling God-mission... and THE BIBLE's astute facial expressions portray a borderline maniacal essence... I think it is accurate, and it is unexpectedly refreshing...

      ... refreshing, because of my personal belief in the God of Moses, unseen-by-me, but real none-the-less; and, I wonder if I am experiencing a personal "parting of the Red Sea," writing today's Deo Volente blog. I have a writer's (sometimes mischievous) far-away stare and unkempt hair, that both feel... a bit... ?!?

      Oh, my! Adding just a few blogging edits and tweaks managed to burn-to-a-crisp my cheese quesadilla. I cannot wait to share King David's portrayal. It is complicated as well as unexpected, in a different way. My next installment will contain reactions to THE BIBLE's King-David-essence.

     THE BIBLE mini-series Part III will air Sunday, 7:00 p.m., on The History Channel, and repeat Monday, 7:00 p.m. on Lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment