Sunday, March 3, 2013

Left Behind - CR Awwww

 
 

     
     My husband's Brazil service team updates include (from short texts and emails): The group is ministering in services, they have asked my husband to speak, and my husband might have witnessed some drug deals. Thank you for praying for special protection and anointing.

     Hopefully there is someone capturing their wonderful experiences, because they are lacking this memory-capturing videographer and photographer. That was my unofficial calling for 2012's Costa Rica trip; I wanted every precious moment, despite having one of the university's thorough, talented, and professional embedded reporters traveling with us (a treasured copy of his documentary is in our possession). This year, "castaway" Wilson will have to do, and lest I become a bit "Chatty Cathy" with others, earnest blogging of additional Costa Rica memories will hush "Cathy."

     The pictures in this post were taken after our Sunday morning church service. Faces, faces, faces are in today's blog. I love the sweet young faces and the sweet wrinkled faces.
     
     A short story from this day is: After service, our team is outdoors kicking a soccer ball with the children. I, of course, obsess on Flip videoing. Suddenly, to my right I hear a faint, "hola," and I magnetically pivot to find that sweet voice... It is an adorable 7-year-old, donning a crazy purple hat sculpted by fun missionary, balloon-guy Tim. I melt!!! and reply "Bonita" (telling her she is pretty) and then "Hola"... those are the only two words I can pull out of my Spanish memory bank. What a precious smile as I lower to her height to smile back and attempt to chat. 
     
     Here is a little background about the short "Awwww" video clips above: 1) Government-&-LACC-donation-funded Linda Vista private-school children thank our team for our 2-day, painstaking, sweat and tears painting of their large gym floor, an interesting green shade ... and if I had helped, there might have been a little blood added; 2) an energized LACC school assembly that reminds me of a flash mob dance or Gungnam-style dancing... maybe Psi copied them; 3) last but not least, there is the "Hola" clip.

No comments:

Post a Comment