Thursday, February 28, 2013

Left Behind - CR Unyielding Lent

 
    
      As I anticipate my husband's disappearance off the face of this earth (to Brazil, anyway) with the hope of maybe a daily short text or two, I justify and symbolically give him up!! ...for Lent.

     Ahhh, night-time hours would certainly fly by with medications like ZzzQuil or Benedryl, but even reduced doses of liquid Benedryl manage to burn the tip of my tongue, and ZzzQuil would most likely put me into a coma with no one to revive me.

     One healthy way I will cope with being "left behind" is to remember our 2012 missions trip to Costa Rica. I accompanied Jeff on that trip and recall distinct memories, like the video above. We visited the Basilica, during the Season of Lent. It is a spectacular structure, but even more impressive was our experience inside.
 
     Devoted Catholics painfully travailed, on their knees, up the endless (almost football-field-length) tiled, center aisle, to atone for their sins and identify with Jesus' pain and suffering. Young and old participated.

     I noted one elderly woman's unyielding journey, humbly and painfully inching her way and stopping many times, still kneeled but leaning against a pew from time to time on the lengthy route. The unforgiving tile floor woefully afflicted her aged, burning knees. I felt embarrassed watching for too long; it was her personal worship time. But I am certain she achieved her soul's goal because she pressed on; and maybe, too, she experienced the significant added "oomph-factor" of God's Special Dispensation of Grace.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment