Thursday, August 8, 2013

PAPA : Immensely Good

Todd "kicks" as Dad swims while in Todd's tight headlock
      This is Day Two of my husband's business trip, and again I sit poolside (after a very refreshing swim). As I attempt to prepare for and plan the contents of this entry, I ask for Help... to give Him due justice. I don't want to present God in a way that limits.  

     A toddler entering the pool catches my attention (for "kicks" he will hereafter be named Todd). The Dad/Todd swimming dance begins. Dad holds Todd as they adjust to the water's temperature. In no time the little guy is ready to kinda/sorta feel independent. He exits the water to walk along the pool's edge. Don't run, Dad instructs. 

     Don't run? Awww, that's no fun! Todd decides it is much more stimulating to be in the water. Todd again is held by Dad as they walk in the baby pool together.

     The swim experience begins. Dad wraps his son's pint-sized arms around his neck, holding Todd over his strong shoulders. Todd has a much better view of the pool and almost feels like he is swimming. Kick, kick, kick. The Dad/Todd dance continues until Todd wants to swim in the water rather than on Dad's shoulders. The next water step progresses, and Todd's skinny little arms are awkwardly threaded through mammoth floaties ... to dive into swimming.

      I wish for a present, earthly Papa (my Dad passed over 7 years ago). I wish to be respectfully pursued and to ride on his shoulders. When running poolside, I hope my strong-will defers to wise Papa's: Walk; Don't Run! I want to embrace his neck and see ahead with a birds-eye view, as he patiently teaches me the world. I wish for beneficial trust in his tender strength.

      My earthly Papa-dance can either interfere with or enhance my relationship with PAPA God. I want to trust PAPA. I want to see Him as strong, yet the respectful, loving, motivating pursuer. I am learning that He is trustworthy and immensely good. These are my basic foundations for even desiring to dive into: The PAPA Prayer.


No comments:

Post a Comment