Sunday, November 25, 2012

SWAMP Thang! 11-21-2012

This is a somewhat progressive blog. Feel FREE to begin by clicking to my first post: Boologging Begins

Well, Thanksgiving is over, and I hope that all of you had a smooth holiday. I will vulnerably admit that I had a couple of pre-Thanksgiving, energetic melt-downs. I was anything but "Singing in the Rain." Fortunately, we had success with our experimental, cooked-in-the-car, crockpot turkey. Woot, woot!

As we traveled down the road cooking the turkey, we listened to an intriguing interview with philosophizing Chris Rock who theorizes that back in the 1950s-60s men saw their wives as weaker...so when their wives had meltdowns, it didn't surprise them, because, after all, women were the weaker sex. Today, men see women as equals and are less understanding of their wive's meltdowns. Hmmm...a little "rock" for thought anyway.

I am incredibly thankful for an understanding husband; I could care less whether I'm an equal, as long as I can have my meltdowns every so often. On the other hand, FREE-WILL is important because it allows me to become who I am meant to be. Free-will suggests that (with input from my husband) I can basically make my own decisions about the paths I strive to take. At the moment, I am on a sabbatical, mainly to focus on writing and blogging, with the added benefit of more time for family and revitalization.


Thomas the Train...passes by our chuch
I have blogged a lot about silly trains, and how they are in no way free; they must follow preset tracks as well as disturb others. A few weeks ago we were double-whammied by a train as we drove to church. For the first time ever, we were stopped by a Sunday 9:35 a.m. Thomas the Train. We hoped it would be a short delay, but the minutes kept ticking. At least the graffiti on the long, cold train was entertaining.

As we patiently wait, we see a crown drawn on one particular train car, and the word SWAMP on another. SWAMP clearly stands out because of its fat, curvy letters, plus an artistically-drawn foot. It is more distinctive than any of the other messages. Finally, after endless minutes, we are FREE to drive to church.

We continue our trek to church, now a few minutes later than expected, and I point to our left: Hey, there’s TtT. He has taken a curve and is moving along horizontally with us.

Jeff replies in disbelief, You don’t think...no way...surely TtT isn't

At the crest of the street we have a birds-eye view of good ol' Thomas. He had circled around to the tracks by the church, double-whammy-delaying us...a record 10 minutes! Trains really do have a way of rudely zinging our schedules!!!
 
 
Like I have said before, trains have no free-will; yet, conversely, they are boss and cannot be bullied. The cold, metallic, humongous entities follow rigid, preset tracks, and they SWAMP Thang-like suck us into their timetable.
 
Rather than comparing FREE will to a train following a track (briefly mentioned in November's "FREE-Falling" post), I am feeling even more validated to compare my FREE will...to a…ur, um...more to come.
 
An amazing blessing for which I am grateful: #7 My talented, resourceful children.
 
My next post will be Wednesday, November 28th...I've seen quite a few Christmas trees up already. Just sayin'...  Deo Volente!

No comments:

Post a Comment